Barbara Hartwell

My photo
Independent Investigator, Intelligence Analyst, Journalist. Former CIA (NOC, Psychological Operations) Black Ops Survivor. Sovereign Child of God. Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Ordained 1979, D.Div.) Exposing Government Lies, Crimes, Corruption, Conspiracies and Cover-ups.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sherry Peel Jackson: What Do You Believe?


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sherry Peel Jackson

 

NOTE: Here is the November Newsletter from Sherry Peel Jackson, which I post with Sherry's permission.  I find Sherry's insights to be brilliant in their simplicity, their sincerity and in the profound truths she expresses about what she believes.

If only more people "believed" in this way, our country could be restored to the principles of our Founders. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Aside from that, only three more words in response to "What Do You Believe?"

Amen and amen!

BHP

November 9, 2011

Sherry Peel Jackson

  

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE?


“Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.”

— Alexander Hamilton.

One of the most tragic occurrences that I have observed over the last decade is that the American people, due to lack of a sound belief system, have lost their way. Our teachers no longer teach right or wrong.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/atlantas-testing-scandal-adds-1007201.html

Our leaders smile in our faces and steal from us behind our backs and now, right in our faces

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704249004575385500597789846.html

And parents don’t instruct their children in the basic tenants of being decent human beings.

http://www.empoweringparents.com/Child-Verbal-Abuse-and-Threats.php#

The lack of sound ethical and moral values has led to the breakdown of the Number One Unit in the world – the family. The family is the foundation and the backbone of any civilization.  However, it has fallen by the wayside with an inundation of unwed mothers, high divorce rates, illiteracy skyrocketing, financial stability disappearing and general godlessness. When it comes to the fabric of the U.S. we have hit rock bottom and started to dig.

Scripture asks, in Psalm 11:3, “If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?”

The answer is pray and rebuild. We need to pray without ceasing.  II Chronicles 7:14 says, “If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

The other thing we must do is rebuild. Rebuilding, I have found, starts with the face in the mirror. We must ask ourselves the hard questions. Am I contributing to the problem or the solution with my lifestyle? Am I a good role model for others to follow or am I exhibiting behaviors that help breakdown the fabric of the family? Am I teaching my children to be ethical and moral or is the television teaching them?

We must then look at those in our household. Are we operating as a unit or is each person in their own room watching television or playing video games? Do we have family dinner together or at least talk for more than five minutes a day? Do I as a parent impart good morals and values to my children – do I practice what I preach? Am I home being a parent or am I out pursuing my own goals?

Next, we must look at our communities. Do we talk with our neighbors? Do we go to church and fellowship with others? Do we exhibit a spirit of excellence on or jobs? Are we involved in community efforts to improve our county, city, state?

One of the things I took a great amount of time doing was figuring out what I believe. My belief system is part of my worldview, part of who I am and who I reflect to others. It is important for us to know what we believe. I have asked several people over the years what they believe about various subjects such as religion, politics, child rearing, earning a living and world events.

Many of these people had no clue what they believed, although they were able to parrot what the evening news anchor said about some of the subjects. This is sad and needs to change. I have written up some of my beliefs. These are the beliefs that make me who I am. These are some of the beliefs that kept me through three years of prison. These are the beliefs that will keep me throughout my life.

I Believe In:

Limited Government
Personal Responsibility
Fiscal Responsibility
Free Speech
Marriage Between One Man And One Woman
Secure Boarders
Private Education
Unfettered Free Enterprise
Punishment For “Real Thieves”
Limited Terms Of Office
Honoring The Rule Of Law
Truth In Taxation
Entrepreneurship
A Strong Defense
Withdrawal From Unconstitutional Wars
Minding Our Own Business
Reading, Writing & Arithmetic
Homeschooling
Authentic Christianity
Unencumbered Property Ownership
Unalienable God Given Rights
Life at Conception
Virginity in Singleness
Charity
Love & Compassion
Liberty
Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior


You have beliefs. Write them, review them, defend them, teach them, and convey them. We can rebuild from the inside out when we have a foundation to stand on. Let’s stop being wishy washy and take a stand. Don’t be afraid. Everyone won’t agree with you, but that’s what makes us great. We can agree to disagree, but at least you will be moving forward to a better self and a better nation. Go ahead; let me see what you can do!

Make an effort to improve yourself by spending time thinking about what you want from life from this day forward. It starts with your belief system. Turn off the television and the video games. Sit down with your family and close friends and discuss ways to improve, rebuild.

Talk with co-workers, church members and neighbors and devise plans to start businesses, cooperatives, study groups, organic farms, disaster survival plans, and home schools. With each family, then community, committing to the effort, we can get our country to the point of integrity, sustainability and prosperity. It starts with you, not the people over there! Do it now!

“You cannot correct what you are unwilling to confront. What you permit will always continue. Behavior permitted is behavior perpetuated.” 

— Mike Murdock

*************************
 
Barbara Hartwell Percival
Legal Defense & Research Trust
Barbara Hartwell Vs. CIA       
http://www.barbarahartwellvscia.blogspot.com