Barbara Hartwell

My photo
Independent Investigator, Intelligence Analyst, Journalist. Former CIA (NOC, Psychological Operations) Black Ops Survivor. Sovereign Child of God. Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Ordained 1979, D.Div.) Exposing Government Lies, Crimes, Corruption, Conspiracies and Cover-ups.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

In Loving Memory of Kyra


















   

Kyra (November 9, 1999- June 15, 2015)

 

For Kyra

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for sharing fifteen years of my life. Thank you for always being there, especially all those times when you were the only one. Thank you for greeting me when I walked in the door, for missing me when I was gone, and for making our house (wherever we were) a home. Thank you for understanding, all those times when I could not do as much for you as you deserved. Thank you for loving me, no matter what. Thank you for all the joy you brought into my life. Thank you for our conversations, some of which were carried on without words. Thank you for listening to me, even when I was cursing at evildoers with language you shouldn't have had to hear. Thank you for celebrating with me, especially our special occasion, the coming of Spring every year. Thank you for the comfort of your quiet, healing presence, for listening to music with me and for sitting with me at night, while I was reading a book, before going to sleep. Thank you for being there every morning, so I could wake up seeing your beautiful face, feeling the purring which warmed my heart. Thank you for being a guardian angel for me and a faithful friend. Thank you for being a person who brought countless blessings into my life. My heart is not large enough to contain the love I feel for you.

 

A PRAYER FOR ANIMALS 

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals, especially 

for animals who are suffering;

for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated;

for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars;

for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry;

for all that must be put death.

We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,

and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion  

and gentle hands and kindly words.

Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,

and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

(Attributed to Albert Schweitzer )
   

NOTE TO MY READERS


Kyra was loved by all those who knew her. She has been mentioned in my writings, as she was such an important person in my life. (Yes, I knew her as a person, as my fellow animal lovers will surely understand.) Even those who've never met her, but only seen her picture on my website, or read about her, have expressed their love for her by sending gifts, or donations which helped me to provide for her needs.

Kyra was the youngest of all my cats, she lived with me for fifteen years, and more than ten years after the passing of the others. Because she had my undivided attention, we had a special bond. I sometimes thought of adopting another feline companion for her, but I couldn't afford the expenses. Anyway, as far as I know, she had a long and happy life, and was greatly loved.

I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to all who helped, all who cared, those who prayed for her throughout her life, and to those who were there for me during and after the time of her passing.

I've made a few phone calls to let friends and family know, but each time I spoke to someone, I dissolved in a flood of tears. So I ask anyone who knew Kyra, reading this, to forgive me if you're learning of her passing here.

I miss her more than words could ever express, but I do believe with all my heart that she is in a better place, somewhere in God's universe where there is no suffering, where He will turn their mourning to dancing, where He will wipe every tear from their eyes.


Barbara Hartwell Percival
June 17, 2015






















 
 
 
 
Kyra, Motel in Maine (2010)