Barbara Hartwell

My photo
Independent Investigator, Intelligence Analyst, Journalist. Former CIA (NOC, Psychological Operations) Black Ops Survivor. Sovereign Child of God. Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ (Ordained 1979, D.Div.) Exposing Government Lies, Crimes, Corruption, Conspiracies and Cover-ups.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Response to a Needy Reader: Setting the Record Straight


 
From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
 
-- Communist ideology of Karl Marx
 
Recently I received a letter (given below) from a reader of my website. Although he seemed to attribute some degree of value/credibility to the site, his attitude was presumptuous in the extreme. Specifically, it was all about his  "need", which he was clearly and inappropriately projecting onto me (and possibly others), and which he  mistakenly believed it was my obligation to accommodate. 
 
So, it's that time again...time to set the record straight in regard to the misguided notions and opinions of certain of my readers: about my professional background and work, and the purpose of my website, Barbara Hartwell Vs. CIA.
 
For the past fifteen (15) years, I have been publishing my reports on the World Wide Web. For most of that time, I have had my own websites. I have always posted prominent "disclaimer" notices which clearly state that all reports, articles, radio broadcasts, etc. published on my sites are FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY.
 
That is a very simple phrase which, at least to me, says exactly what it means. But just to be certain I make my position crystal clear (once again), let me  define my use of the phrase, FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. On my website, I reserve all rights to determine the content. Material is posted for my own reasons (personal, professional or otherwise); this is my prerogative, and I owe no one an explanation. What is there, is posted there by me, at my discretion, and that is all there is. FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. Period. Case closed. 
 
Again, it is all very simple: the readers may make of the information what they will. They may agree or disagree, they may like or dislike, they may love or hate, they may be totally indifferent, they may decide to dismiss it all, they may find the information credible --or not. Each person is free to use his own intellectual and/or spiritual  discernment (to the extent of his capabilities), make his own assessments, draw his own conclusions. I bear no responsibility for the opinions, feelings or "need" of others, nor does it concern me what the readers think, what they believe, or what they may THINK they know, about Barbara Hartwell, the issues I address, or the material published on my site.
 
My position has always been, when addressing my readers: Please, don't take it from me. I do not present myself as the "authority" for anyone, on any subject.  The only way to get to the truth about any issue is to do your own research, use your own discernment, make your own assessments, draw your own conclusions. Think for yourself! If you won't do that, you have no one but yourself to blame for being misguided or ignorant.
 
There is no charge to view my website. If people do not like what I publish, they are free to simply hit the DELETE button and opt out. No loss, no problem, for them, or for me.
 
In fact, the only time I would be concerned about the beliefs, opinions or "need" of others is when, as a result of those beliefs, opinions, or "need", they try to force their views on ME, violate MY Individual God-given rights, obstruct  MY Liberty, invade MY privacy or threaten MY life. In that case, I will defend myself (and mine) by any and every lawful means necessary. That is the nature of Individual Liberty: No one has the right to deprive another of his Unalienable Rights. Amen and amen.
 
There is also another important issue: I have been targeted for a massive  smear/neutralization campaign by agents of the U.S. government and their minions and stooges, in attempts to discredit me; so, if someone chooses to PUBLISH a commentary about me, I may well become concerned, depending on its nature. In fact, the libelous falsehoods about Barbara Hartwell are so pervasive on the Internet that it would be a full time job just attempting to refute them all. 
 
So I do the best I can. When I find articles containing wild speculation,  misinformation, disinformation, malicious lies, forgery, identity theft (any or all of such), I will refute the false information in as many cases as possible,  for the public record, and expose the author of the smear piece as a busybody, an ignoramus, a liar, a government stooge, a pretentious fool, etc. etc.
 
(Please see my reports exposing names of malicious liars, character assassins,  government stooges, etc.) 
 
I have also clearly and repeatedly stated in notices on my sites that I am not interested in "feedback" from readers in the form of comments, suggestions/unsolicited advice or questions. I do not wish to engage in  discussions, arguments or debates. I realize that many others (whistleblowers, journalists, expositors of government crimes/corruption) may hold a different view, being that they welcome interactions with their reading/listening audiences. That is their decision, their prerogative, these individuals are entitled to do as they wish --but it has nothing whatsoever to do with me.
 
So, I am hard-pressed to understand why so many readers of my website persist in disregarding my clearly stated wishes and policies. What is wrong with these people?! Have they no respect for the rights and personal boundaries of others?  Apparently not.  These individuals seem to believe that just because I have a public website, I am "obligated" to accommodate them in various ways:  answer their questions (some of which are extremely intrusive); respond to their comments; offer pro bono professional services; provide  assistance for their problems, etc. etc. Wrong!
 
Although there was a time when I had a public e-mail address, and regularly  published selected  "letters to the editor", that time is long gone. Most of the letters I received from readers were benign and sincere, complimenting my work; thanking me for my truthful, accurate information, for exposing criminals in government, for my  activism for Liberty, human rights, etc., or expressing their support. I did not have the time to answer them all, but I appreciated each and every one of them. 
 
A smaller portion of the e-mails consisted of hate mail, harassment, and in some cases, threats. To those, I did not respond. However, rather than posting the supportive letters, my tendency was to publish the hate mail  --which I saw as an opportunity to expose the ignorance, foolishness and malice of my adversaries. Aside from that, the letters were often so absurd that they had a certain entertainment value. But when it came to the threats,  my policy was to publish them all, along with the names of the criminals who  made the threats. I also reported all threats to the appropriate  authorities.
 
Then, there were many persons who e-mailed me with their personal testimony about various abuses, harassment  or persecution by the government, who  requested that I investigate their cases. Others requested that I take on their legal cases, pro bono, in the mistaken idea that I am an attorney. I am no such thing, nor have ever claimed to be.
 
All this, once again, despite the fact that I had clearly and repeatedly stated in notices on my website: 
 
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY OR INFORMATION REGARDING LEGAL CASES. I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY. AS FOR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, I AM NOT AVAILABLE FOR CONSULTATIONS. I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME, THE RESOURCES, OR THE WHEREWITHAL TO ASSIST YOU.
 
Could I have made it any more clear? 
 
Yet, to this day, no matter how many notices I publish, I am still receiving this type of mail, by post, on a regular basis. Unbelievable.
 
I no longer have a public e-mail address, for what by now should be obvious reasons. Additionally, I am a true recluse.  As such, I have no interest in corresponding or interacting with the general public, nor in any form of socializing or "networking."  I do not wish to receive unsolicited e-mail from strangers. As well, I don't have the time or inclination to sort through hundreds of e-mails a week, much less read and answer them. 
 
But of greatest concern to me was stopping the criminal harassment, by e-mail,  for which I have been targeted. Until I finally expunged the last e-mail address by which these perps could send harassing and threatening e-mail, I was assaulted with their trash mail on a daily basis. 
 
(See numerous reports on this site which expose names of these criminal  offenders and their accomplices.) 
 
Having said all this, having once again made my position crystal clear, now  back to the issue of the misguided notions of some of my readers, and one in particular. A few days ago I received a letter by post from a Canadian reader of my website. I don't often publish or comment on letters I receive,  but  occasionally I make an exception, especially, as in this case, if it presents an opportunity to address important issues and to set the record straight. 
 
Out of respect for the writer's privacy, I will not give his name. Here is the letter in its entirety. My response follows.
 
[NOTE: The original letter was handwritten, in all capital letters. I have copied it exactly.]
 
"BARBARA,
 
I CAME ACROSS YOUR INFORMATION THESE LAST COUPLE WEEKS AND WAS AMAZED.
 
FIRST OF ALL, I AM A VICTIM OF "ABUSE". (I HATE CALLNG IT THAT BECAUSE I AM A SINNER SAVED BY GOD'S GRACE AND DESERVING HELL.) I KNOW ALL THE SYMPTOMS AND YOU HAVE THEM. I KNOW ABOUT MIND CONTROL, SEXUAL ABUSE, SATANIC ABUSE, ETC. WE HAVE A LOT IN COMMON AND EVEN MORE THAN MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE A FEW YEARS (15 YEARS AGO) I MADE THE DECISION NEVER TO DEPEND ON THE GOVERNMENT. WOW!  IN CANADA? PEOPLE THINK I'M ON DRUGS OR FROM MARS. THEY CAN'T BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD PAY FOR THEIR OWN MEDICARE IN A FREE SYSTEM. I HAVE FELT VERY ALONE.
 
UNTIL I CAME ACROSS YOUR WEBSITE. WOW!
 
I COULD HARDLY BELIEVE IT.
 
AFTER READING YOUR STUFF THOUGH I NEED TO ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING ON YOUR WEBSITE. GIVE EVIDENCE. YOU NEED TO DO THIS. YOU SAID YOU DID BLACK OPS --WHERE? DID YOU RUN DRUGS, NEARLY KILL NORIEGA, INFILTRATE THE KREMLIN -WHAT? WERE YOU A SEX SLAVE -TO WHOM? DON'T GET SALACIOUS BUT WE NEED EVIDENCE, NAMES, PLACES, ARMY BASES.
 
PLEASE.
 
I WANT TO SEND MONEY BUT I MUST MAKE SURE. IT NEEDS TO BE ON YOUR WEBSITE.
 
[READER]
IN CHRIST"
 
BARBARA HARTWELL RESPONDS TO READER
 
Dear Reader,
 
I must begin with this: You have made several assumptions about me which have absolutely no basis in fact, and which could not be further from the truth. Perhaps you are engaging in wild speculation, and/or accepting as truth the disinformation promoted by those who wish to discredit Barbara Hartwell. Possibly, you have confused my identity with that of someone else.
 
But whatever the case may be, if you have in fact taken the time to peruse the information on my website, you would know that I have never, at any time, in any of my writings, stated that I was a victim of "sexual abuse" or "satanic abuse."  On the contrary, you would have seen that I have found it necessary to repeatedly REFUTE these falsehoods when they were promoted by ignorant and/or malicious individuals, in their attempts to misrepresent me, my professional background and my experiences, and to lump me into a category where I do not belong. So I will state, once again, for the public record, that I have never been a victim of, nor involved in any way, shape or form in, such abuses as described in your letter.
 
As for your statement, "I know all the symptoms and you have them", where in hell does that come from?  I have no idea to what "symptoms" you refer, since you don't specify. Symptoms?  In relation to what?  Again, you don't make your meaning clear.  And if, as seems obvious, you have started with false premises, you will certainly end up drawing false conclusions.  In any case, since you do not know me, you would have no reasonable way of arriving at any such  conclusions. How could you, a total stranger to me, possibly presume to offer  any such "diagnosis"?
 
To put it bluntly, you don't know what you are talking about, and it is clear you know little or nothing about Barbara Hartwell.
 
But the most presumptuous comments in your letter relate to your repeated use of the word "need".
 
"I need"..."YOU need"..."WE need"..."IT needs".....
 
Let's start with what you say YOU "need". Why you believe that your personal "need" would be any concern of mine, I have no idea. Contrary to your misguided notion, I am not required to accommodate you, or your "need", in any way.
 
But then, as if this is not intrusive enough, you have the audacity to tell me what I "need"?  Aside from God Almighty, I am the ONLY one who knows that, or has the right to decide it. And that is nobody's business but my own.
 
Next, you move on to stating what WE "need." Who, pray tell, is "WE"?  For whom do you presume to speak? A collective of some sort? The general public?  Since you don't specify, I am once again left to wonder. But then again, it is not my concern, as I don't answer to you, nor to any group or collective.   
 
Lastly, you insist that IT "needs". By whose decree? YOURS?  The unidentified persons described as "WE"?  Who, then? And again, why would it be of any concern to me? 
 
You finish your letter with: "I want to send money, but I must make sure. It needs to be on your website."  
 
So apparently, you have yet another mistaken and misguided notion: That I will accept a donation from someone who thinks it is his prerogative to make demands, tell me what I "need" to do, and thus attach conditions to his donation. Wrong! 
 
It may surprise you to learn that I do not accept donations with any strings attached. A donation does not "buy" the donor any special favors or consideration; there is no quid pro quo. But unfortunately (for me), you are not alone in subscribing to this misguided notion. Certain others (thankfully only a few) have attempted to meddle in my personal/professional business, invade my privacy, make demands, in the false and unwarranted belief that this is the "price" a recipient of their donations must pay. Wrong! 
 
FYI: I accept ONLY donations given with no conditions attached, no questions asked, given in the spirit of "Christian charity" or "love gifts".  People have donated for all sorts of reasons, but most often because they value my work, because they stand with me in the causes for which I fight,  because they love their Liberty more than their lives, because they want to defeat the bad guys, the evildoers who are destroying this country.
 
To these wonderful and honorable supporters, I say: God bless you, each and every one! 
 
Believe me, I don't want your money. Please, send it to a truly worthy cause, or to someone who is willing to jump through hoops to comply with your conditions and to serve your "need".
 
Because the truth is, the purpose of my website is not to cater to the "need" of the readers, the general public or anyone else. The purpose of my website is not to seek approval, to please the  people reading it, nor to win a popularity contest. It is certainly not to solicit donations by telling the readers what they want to hear.
 
In fact, the most important information presented on this website is not "all about Barbara Hartwell." It is not about my personal or professional background, nor the related details. It is not about "proving" anything to anyone. 
 
My website, first and foremost, is about DEFENDING LIBERTY AND THE GOD-GIVEN  UNALIENABLE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL.  That is by far the most important issue I address, not only in my own writings, but also in the material I publish which is written/broadcasted by other authors/talk show hosts who share my principles and my passion for Individual Liberty.
 
If in fact you have found some value in my website, which you seemed to indicate, then I can be glad for that. But please, take it (or leave it) for what it is, and don't expect or demand that it serve your  "need."
 
May God give you a Love of the Truth.
 
Barbara Hartwell Percival
November 5, 2010
 
 
Barbara Hartwell Percival
Legal Defense & Research Trust
Barbara Hartwell Vs. CIA