But ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you; and the fish of the sea will declare to you. Who among all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this?
Job 12:7-9
Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Luke 12:27
Here are some photos of my garden. I love the wild look of foliage spilling everywhere; what some may consider weeds are beautiful to me.
The statues of some of the small woodland creatures were sent as gifts by my sister, Irene, before she passed away in 2021.
One way we can perceive the glory of God is by the beauty of His creation.
Every day I have visits from wild birds, as well as other creatures. They congregate around the bird feeders (no photos, as they fly away when approached). I have squirrels, who sometimes jump and swing on the feeders. I let them, as they are doing no harm, and most of the time they stay on the ground, with some of the larger birds, the bluejays, the crows, the mourning doves.
And one particular resident of the garden I especially love. He's a chipmunk, I named him Percy. No photos of him either, he's too fast for me to capture his image as he runs through the foliage.
What a blessing is a garden!
Barbara Hartwell
August 29, 2026